baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Printing from Abiword in BL2

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Printing from Abiword in BL2
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:40:16 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I was able to print from a user account (postscript file).

Hooray!

> I should probably load the modules and lpd as root, and
> then login again as user and type lpr filename.ps.

That's the way I do it (except I always have a GUI user account
on F5 and a CLI root account on F4 -- so I can switch quickly
back and forth).

> How would I modify printcap to print .pdf files too?

I don't think you need to modify anything in printcap. It's up
to gs to handle it, not lpd. Just try printing one with lpr
and see what happens.

> How do I cancel print jobs?

lprm (it's the rm for lp jobs)

> lpr filename (from user) prints gibberish if the file is not a ps file.

That's because it simply treats whatever input you give it as
postscript. It has no ability to examine the input and decide
what it is. For that you need to add apsfilter or something
similar.