baslinux - Re: [BL] BL and the small web browser

  • From: Neo Sze Wee <neoszewee AT gmx.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL and the small web browser
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:09:14 +0000

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 07:34:15AM +0000, qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
> Neo Sze Wee wrote:
> >
> > If I have a very old 486 with 4 ram
>
> BL1 will work on that machine.
>
> > will I be able to run links 2.1?
>
> We have been running links 2.1.9 on BL2. I would be
> surprised if it worked on BL1.
>
> > I asked this because I have tried several compilations of
> > links 2.x using svgalib and none of them work on console.
> > I have all the libraries you mentioned here. What can
> > be wrong?
>
> The svgalib in BL1 is very old and very small. It only

I am not using BL1 but something equivalent to BL2.

> does VGA and does not work with programs that try to set
> higher resolutions. It also lacks some graphical routines
> that were added in later versions of svgalib.

If I am using the latest svgalib and I still have problem with links
2.x, what do you think is the problem? The problem can be: links 2.x
does not work at all; graphich garbage is diaplayed, sometimes with a
big cursor but totally unresponsive to further comman; or nothing at
all, I have to reboot. Maybe my commuter does not have the chip? But yet
I can use zgv.