baslinux - Re: [BL] BL and the small web browser

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL and the small web browser
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 09:38:49 +0000

Neo Sze Wee wrote:

> > > If I have a very old 486 with 4 ram
>
> If I am using the latest svgalib and I still have
> problem with links 2.x, what do you think is the problem?

It could be RAM. 4mb RAM is too little to run the latest
libraries, the latest binaries and the latests kernels
(even with 8mb RAM, it is not easy). It is unrealistic
to expect a graphical browser with ssl and javascript to
run on 4mb RAM in Linux. If you need a graphical browser
on such a machine, I suggest you look at Arachne running
in DOS.