baslinux - Re: [BL] BL and the small web browser

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL and the small web browser
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:28:22 +0000

JP Piers ( drinou ) wrote:

> For me, exchanging more with BL, ideas etc.. ,learn some
> things like plip,kermit ... on this list is very nice.

You are very welcome here. You have a lot of knowledge
about Slackware 7.1 that will be useful. Thank you for
sharing.

> a "modular" linux ditrib more easy to upgrade ( tgz-get ? )
> than for now with packages from slack7.1 .

In BL1, I had a install-to-HD package, instead of using
packages from Slackware 7.1. However, for BL2 I figured
that using the Slackware CDrom was easier. Most users
of BL1 seemed to buy (or burn) a Slack35 CDrom, sooner
or later. So I decided to follow that route from the
beginning with BL2. Also, it means that the HD version
of BL2 is more like a real Slackware 7.1.

> i dont know exactly how many people work on BL

Chris maintains BL1. Steven maintains BL2. Diego does
the Spanish version. Several other people test add-ons
and make suggestions. The more the merrier.