baslinux - [BL] BL and debian , redhat packages

  • From: JP Piers ( drinou ) <f5nlg AT tiscali.fr>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL and debian , redhat packages
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:10:43 +0000

Hi all,

there is a simple wayt to use debian and redhat packages in any slack 7.1
distrib just install mc ( midnight commander and mc-menu 1.5 ) then you can
convert rpm or deb packages to tgz !

but be careful of the libc version of debian and redhat , my experience : it
works with redhat 6.2 7.1 and debian 2.2

you can found mini mc and mc-menu on my web.

cheers

Jean-Philippe

ps for minix-1.1.tgz your video card must be vesa 2 complient ...