baslinux - Re: [BL] BL and the small web browser

  • From: JP Piers ( drinou ) <f5nlg AT tiscali.fr>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL and the small web browser
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 01:30:04 +0000

le Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:50:26 -0400 (EDT)
baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org écrit:

> First my apologies that the administrator will have to approve this email
> because I signed up with ibiblio from my usual email address instead of
> the new bbs account/email address I created to receive 40 emails a day
> about basiclinux. I have now signed up again as keesan2 and should be
> approved shortly (and will cancel the old account).
>
> It is very kind of you, JP, to post the binaries for these browsers and I
> will be happy to try them out once I get X installed.

y'our welcome :-) i made them for my own distro a good idea should be to make
a webring about slack7.1 based distro i knew some of them like BL, vector
linux, drinou-linux, sonnyou, zipham, pigmy linux, looplinux (dead ?) but i
think there is others and on all this distro have binary packages so it's
interesting for those who doesn't want compil themself from sources.

a small note about vector-linux who was discuss here it's a very nice distro
but the choice of tar.bz2 packages is not a good one for 1 reason it need
much ram to install it's not possible to install vector-linux with 8mb ram it
need at minimum 12mb but for tar.gz based distro with 6mb it's enought.

> A small request for Steven - please somewhere at your website post a list
> of links to the binaries that people say work with BL2, such as the ones
> listed
> below for Links 2.1, Dillo 7.1.2, ratpoison/ion/pwm/etc, Ted, Flwriter,
> Kermit... I am not good at keeping track of scraps of paper with this
> information and the number of baslinux emails is overwhelming.

Jean-Philippe