baslinux - Re: [BL] more easy .... links 2.1.9 static

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] more easy .... links 2.1.9 static
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 11:05:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, Howard Eisenberger wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 08:31:00AM +0200, Otto Werner wrote:
> >
> I could be wrong, but I don't think glibc has anything to do with
> https. As long as it's compiled with SSL, Lynx (and links) should
> work.

Doug Kaufmann, who compiles Lynx for DOS, said that until recently, US
regulations prevented exporting anything that could handle https which is
why lynx 2.8.3 was compiled without it (not that it was not capable).
To get a Lynx for Slackware 7.1 that will handle https would require
compiling again with SSL support (probably even Lynx 2.8.3 would do it, he
did not know. There was nothing about it being added to 2.8.4).
Or upgrading the library so as to use programs from later Slackwares.

Any volunteers to compile Lynx 2.8.5 for Slackware 7.1?
I have found that Lynx can handle more HTML than Links (other than the
tables, frames, and javascript of course).