baslinux - Re: [BL] more easy .... links 2.1.9 static

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] more easy .... links 2.1.9 static
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 18:21:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, JP Piers wrote:

> I put links 2.1.9 compiled staticly ( it doesn't require any other libs )
but it's a big package about 4mb in tgz

> you'll find it at http://f5nlg.free.fr/drinou/links-2.1.9.static.tgz i

Thanks for going to all this work, JP. I've been curious to try this
graphical Links for awhile but have not found the time to compile it. I
did the download and installed it on a BL2 machine (Steven: I got my BL2
target machine booting again, so I may be able to help out some more on
the browser front). When I run Links, though, I get no graphics. I
understand it has to be run under X, so the way I start it is to open an
xterminal in Icewm after I've done startx, and type "links." The browser
starts, and when I look under "about" it tells me I'm using Links 2 pre9.
So, all that seems to be in order. But no graphics are displayed - it's
only working in text mode. What am I doing wrong? I understood that the
various graphical libraries needed by this Links are already compiled into
the tgz package. Is that not correct? Will I still need to install those
libraries to get graphics?

Thanks, James
>From qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org Sun Apr 20 19:50:18 2003
> When I run Links, though, I get no graphics.
> the way I start it is to open an xterminal in Icewm
> after I've done startx, and type "links."

To get graphics, start it like this:
--------
links -g
--------