b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 23:43:13 -0800

David:

Yes. No. This is a mischaracterization. Yes.

This discussion of New Testament teachings really should be off list.

Karl W. Randolph.

On 11/24/06, davidfentonism AT aim.com <davidfentonism AT aim.com> wrote:

Karl, are you saying the NT church makes a distinction between "freedom from observance of
the law" versus "freedom from the penalty of the law"

Yes.

... or have they combined the two?

No.

... It appears to me the two ideas are combined in one doctrine which asserts
both 'freedoms.' Examples include their Sunday 'sabbath' and anti-Torah
doctrines.

This is a mischaracterization.

... (I am not Jewish and was, indeed, raised in the 7th-Day Adventist church.)

Moreover, aren't your references to the promised new covenant pointing to the
Promised One (Acts 3:22; Acts 7:37; Deu 18:15 & 18:18; ) like unto Moses (the
Servant of the LORD)?

Yes.

Thanks for your reply, Karl.

Regards,