b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms, was: "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms, was: "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:32:48 +0000

On 21/11/2006 02:18, K Randolph wrote:
David:

Whereas the Greek meaning of grace outside of the New Testament may
have had the meaning of freedom from the observance of the law, inside
the New Testament it had the Hebrew understanding of freedom from the
penalty of the law.

What Hebrew and Greek words are we talking about? Which words in either language to you consider to have this meaning "freedom from the penalty of the law", and on what basis? For the Hebrew, "I look for actual uses in Tanakh, not some speculation based on disputable theories." For the Greek, similarly from the New Testament but perhaps that should be offlist.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org