b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: davidfentonism AT aim.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:04:15 -0500

Yes, and so the biblical Hebrew corresponded to its own cosmology which was
Elohist/Yahvist. It was not inclusive of the ideologies of its neighbors or
enemies, thus what it meant then is what it means today. The Hebrew is also
dynamic and the Greek static, and in that sense incompetent to fully
communicate Hebrew thoghtforms as seen in the examples provided by others
(i.e., tsedakah/righteousness, Torah/Law, etc.).

David