b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: davidfentonism AT aim.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 09:45:40 +0000

On 25/11/2006 00:54, davidfentonism AT aim.com wrote:
Karl, are you saying the NT church makes a distinction between "freedom from observance of
the law" versus "freedom from the penalty of the law" or have they combined the
two? It appears to me the two ideas are combined in one doctrine which asserts both 'freedoms.'
Examples include their Sunday 'sabbath' and anti-Torah doctrines. (I am not Jewish and was,
indeed, raised in the 7th-Day Adventist church.)
This is not the place to discuss such things, especially the theologically difficult but important issue you raise in the first sentence. But I would like to point out that "Sunday 'sabbath' and anti-Torah doctrines" is a distortion of most Christian teaching. Please don't stir up dissension between Jews and Christians by portraying Christianity in terms which are both inaccurate and potentially offensive to Jews.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org