b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms, was: "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Peter Kirk" <peter AT qaya.org>, "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms, was: "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:29:25 -0800

Dear Karl & Peter,

Please give examples.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Kirk" <peter AT qaya.org>
To: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
Cc: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 8:30 AM
Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms, was: "Desire of
Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37

> On 20/11/2006 16:14, K Randolph wrote:
> > Peter:

language is inaccurate. Hebrew thoughtforms are directly linked to its
language units. This is not always the case with greek because of its
propensity for abstractions. However, in Hebrew, thoughtforms/language is
tied to instances or things existing in reality (e.g., the idea of
stiffneckedness like an ox).