b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Mozilla Thunderbird mail software

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Mozilla Thunderbird mail software
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:47:50 -0500

Peter Kirk wrote:

Karl, there is clearly something wrong with the Linux computer if it cannot display the first word of the Hebrew Bible correctly, as below. This word was not corrupted by any mail server, nor by the Linux system, because it appeared correctly in your reply to me.

בְּרֵאשִׁית

I'm not sure if you can see it or not- but in the sample I received the letters are separated by the vowels- a full space being devoted to each.

here's the first word of genesis:

ty#)rb

Jim

--