b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Mozilla Thunderbird mail software

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Mozilla Thunderbird mail software
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:50:23 -0500

Peter Kirk wrote:

They have. It is built into my computer. It has been built into Windows for at least seven years. I have suggested using it several times on this list. But a few people have objected because they insist on using obsolete mail clients which don't support either your solution or mine, in fact they refuse to upgrade to any way of displaying Hebrew characters on their computers.

Why?

It isn't. It hasn't been needed for 7 years. It is not used on this list only because a few people object to making any technological progress.

That doesn't make sense. If the technology is available why not make use of it?

--
Jim West, ThD
http://web.infoave.net/~jwest