b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Mozilla Thunderbird mail software

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Martin Shields <enkidu AT bigpond.net.au>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Mozilla Thunderbird mail software
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:41:05 +1100

It appears correctly using Apple's MacOS X Mail program, and I assume it would be fine with Mozilla or Thunderbird on MacOS X as well.

I think using Unicode would be a good idea--I find it far easier to read than anything written with the transliteration scheme commonly in use here. Perhaps, for a time, we ought to endeavour to compromise and provide both the Unicode text and a transliteration? This would allow people some time to ensure their systems are working with the new format without anyone missing out.

Martin Shields