b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Mozilla Thunderbird mail software

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Trevor Peterson <abuian AT access4less.net>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Mozilla Thunderbird mail software
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:40:14 -0500

Trevor Peterson wrote:

Are the scholars press fonts Unicode now? Haven't they been around forever? But if the point of using Thunderbird is to send Unicode, not only would you not want to use a legacy font, but there's no reason to mandate Thunderbird. Outlook, for instance, should work just fine if properly configured.

Trevor

Not that I know of. Yes, they have been around forever. But even if one has
unicode, one must have the correct unicode font installed in order to be able
to read foreign characters.

it seems to me that the simplest solution is just for list folk to use the
same mailer or the same fonts if they wish to communicate in something other
than transliteration.

Im just a pilgrim here and simply trying to see if its possible- in the
fewest conceivable steps, to improve our communications.

Best

Jim