homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 23:41:10 -0800

I'm guessing we're "West US" and this winter is coldest it has been since 1990. Prior record was 1937.

And it isn't just Northern CA. All up and down the coast is colder than it has been in years.

Lynda, looking at another night of between 0F and 8F.
--"I'm fascinated by the hard line you're drawing over religion -- It gets
used too much, as an excuse, a fall guy, a weapon, a con. A lot of people,
maybe most, don't mean it except when it suits them." Dallas
----- Original Message ----- From: "Leslie" <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>

snip<

On another note............ one week's winter storm and temperature changes do not make a new trend or even confirm a season's forecast. So far this year, Evelyn Garris's predictions seem pretty darn good, at least for my area.
Personally, I'm glad it is a bit warmer today, even though overnight lows are still freezing.
In Alburqueque last week they had temps matching record lows from some 60 years ago.
snip<
West US will be warmer, but dry.
2007 artic ice expanded over the winter.
2008 artic ice expanded more over the winter."

Guess "cold artic air going all the way down to the Gulf" explains the snow in Houston.....

--------

"Assaults by fanatics on our safety does not justify assaults by the government on our freedom." ~ Judge Andrew Napolitano on the Patriot Act