homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 23:20:32 -0800

You need a more varied source for your info. The *all* the e-mails that were hacks were not "leaked." They were selectively leaked and only parts of threads were leaked. Out of context means that the reader doesn't have a clue what the e-mails really mean.

Further, a lot of the info that is referred to that they wouldn't release was proprietory. That is NOT the same as withholding scientific data.

Lynda
--Ignoring facts will not change them.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Leslie" <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>

Chris writes: "...However, that is NOT to say that anthropogenic greenhouse warming is NOT a problem. I think that it clearly has been shown... "

I disagree. I do not believe it has been "clearly shown". The whole scandal in "climate-gate", the hacked e-mails from the global warming scientists are at the beginning phase of unraveling a collusion by climate scientsist to WITHHOLD information that contains any data contrary to their global warming theory. Withholding scientific data leads me to instantly question the results of their conclusions. How can you arrive at specific conclusions based on one-sided data?

When I first posted "climate-gate" there wasn't any US media coverage besides Fox. This a/m I'm seeing it on NBC news. So it seems that at least 1 other regular TV station is reporting the scandal besides Fox. I've been out of town most of the last 5 weeks, and I'm behind on some things, especially TV watchings, which I don't do much of anyway.

Now it will be interesting to see what comes of the latest rumor, the reports that scientists from the E. Aglia Climatic Research Unit have admitted to destroying the raw data used to arrive at their conclusions, which means other scientists can not check their work.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6936328.ece