homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 20:38:27 -0800

Drew, I took the quotes out of your e-mail. I credited them to you because you wrote them.

And, I don't see how you come to the conclusion that data from the 80s is somehow 'now' manipulated to suit the current admin OR Gore. The data and the adjustments were made in the 80s. That would be under Reagan and Bush Sr. So, I guess, somehow those Reagan wanted the info destroyed so that the scientists 'now' could use it to help Dem candidates?

The original data that the scientists collected is gone. NOT the data at the places where they collected it. ANYONE, any scientist can go and recollect the data if they want to disprove what this particular bunch are saying.

Plus, I still don't get the whole worry over the politicians since you are talking data collected over a period of a whole bunch of presidents and parties in power that didn't have even the vaguest similarities as to beliefs. Do you seriously think the data has been done and undone numerous times to suit each admin?

Are you worried that Reagan and Nixon twisted their arms so that they came up with data that you don't like now? Cause that's when they did their data collection. I mean, that's when they came up with their methods of normalizing data that had been collected from various and sundry places uses widely disparent methods.

Lynda
--"I'm fascinated by the hard line you're drawing over religion -- It gets
used too much, as an excuse, a fall guy, a weapon, a con. A lot of people,
maybe most, don't mean it except when it suits them." Dallas
----- Original Message ----- From: <DSanner106 AT aol.com>

Lynda,
I didn't say anything about what you are accrediting to me below, and
it is not what the director said on his BBC america interview. Just to jump
into it anyway though...... The original data was destroyed, the product
of data entry, not copies of the originals is all that remains. Those
numbers now on file received "treatment" and are work product, not original
data. That much he admitted when questioned. It matters not one bit whether it
was Thursday or thirty years ago either, as it still means today we are
basing these claims on data that is not original and pure. If you don't
believe that scientists would twist things up a bit if it meant a steady stream
of research dollars, and if you do not believe politicians would work hand in
hand with scientists that would cheat, then you are never going to
understand why these admissions, and the leaked emails are very important. We are
supposed to be able to believe in what scientists tell us, they are
supposed to use the scientific method do get their answers and tell us when they
are merely guessing. It matters no one bit who is right or wrong here, but
the scientists who wrote of manipulating data to support their claims, and
worked hard to block publications of their peers that disagreed should be
fired. This is the data genius, internet inventor Gore used to base his
schlocumentary on..... By the way, did you see him on TV two nights ago claiming
the earth is millions of degrees just a short distance below the
surface???? hilarious.