homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 01:27:28 -0500

I take issue with only one part of your explanation, James. Reason alone, is
not sufficient to elevate to "Godhood". That reason must be tempered by
morals, or, if you will, ethics.
Reason, after all, led to the holocaust. Hitler reasoned everything he did,
as does Osama, Obama, and even Achmadinijad (spelling butchery, I know).
Reason untempered can be extremely dangerous, and if you want to apply god
status to it, well, some people worship evil, too.

Sophistry is also reason, taken to extremes.

Ray

Dr. Raymond Zentz

It is better to die a free man, than to live, a slave.