homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 14:19:52 -0800 (PST)

".........as long as government funding is used to pay for the research we
will  have conflicts of interest."

Exactly.  And IMO usually there are quite likely some big money types
operating behind the scenes who stand to make a lot of money off of swinging
changes of direction in mass psychology from the global ice age mentality to
global warming.

Changes in mass psychology are most easily recognized during economic bubble
phases.  A couple of examples of recent mass psychology?
June 2008.  Oil prices will never come down again - wrong.
Summer of 2006. Real estate prices never come down - wrong.
Fall of 2007.  At Dow 14,000+ In a "new economy" prices won't come down more
than 10% - wrong.
Late 1970s.  Interest rates will never come down below 18% again - so hurry
up and buy your home and lock in low interest rates - wrong.

And there were in fact some people, those who understand the bubble cycles
and how to profit from them, who made massive fortunes off of the gullibles
who just on the bubble-train.

How about older examples?
The world is flat - wrong.
Sun planets revolve around the earth - wrong.

In each and every one of those instances, and others in history, there were
tons of solid fundamental reasons to support those wrong notions.  A great
scam must include facts.

In the first 4 examples I can take a solid guess on who benefited.
In the later two, I'm not sure, except one may have been the catholic or
other church.

On another note............ one week's winter storm and temperature changes
do not make a new trend or even confirm a season's forecast.  So far this
year, Evelyn Garris's predictions seem pretty darn good, at least for my area.
Personally, I'm glad it is a bit warmer today, even though overnight lows are
still freezing.
In Alburqueque last week they had temps matching record lows from some 60
years ago.

Repeat:  The 2009/2010 winter forecast by "Evelyn Garriss, The Browning
Newsletter, predictions on the weather this winter.

"Prepare for a COLD winter.
Appears that we are going to have weak El Nino conditions this winter - not
good for the whole US.
A lot of volcanic activity all year in N. Pacific, Russia & AK -- has been
blocking sunlight, lots of dust/sulfur in the air.
Artic air is really cold.
In weak El Nino only west US will get some of the warm air - cold air from
artic will go all the way down to the gulf and to east coast all winter,
unusually cold air.
West US will be warmer, but dry.
2007 artic ice expanded over the winter.
2008 artic ice expanded more over the winter."

Guess "cold artic air going all the way down to the Gulf" explains the snow
in Houston.....

--------

"Assaults by fanatics on our safety does not justify assaults by the
government on our freedom." ~ Judge Andrew Napolitano on the Patriot Act