homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:26:33 -0800 (PST)

Chris writes:  "...However, that is NOT to say that anthropogenic greenhouse
warming is NOT a problem.  I think that it clearly has been shown... "

I disagree.  I do not believe it has been "clearly shown".  The whole scandal
in "climate-gate", the hacked e-mails from the global warming scientists are
at the beginning phase of unraveling a collusion by climate scientsist to
WITHHOLD information that contains any data contrary to their global warming
theory.  Withholding scientific data leads me to instantly question the
results of their conclusions.  How can you arrive at specific conclusions
based on one-sided data?

When I first posted "climate-gate" there wasn't any US media coverage besides
Fox.  This a/m I'm seeing it on NBC news.   So it seems that at least 1 other
regular TV station is reporting the scandal besides Fox.   I've been out of
town most of the last 5 weeks, and I'm behind on some things, especially TV
watchings, which I don't do much of anyway.

Now it will be interesting to see what comes of the latest rumor, the reports
that scientists from the E. Aglia Climatic Research Unit have admitted to
destroying the raw data used to arrive at their conclusions, which means
other scientists can not check their work.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6936328.ece