sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Results for Organization Policy vote

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Results for Organization Policy vote
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 23:06:32 +0300

(I'm sorry that I'm probably breaking the thread by copying & pasting in a
diff mail client. KMail has issues.)

On Friday 05 May 2006 22:21, Andreas wrote:

> I once pondered about how to make the grimoires more theme oriented as
> well. And I came up with an alike scheme, so it is at least a little
> obvious and descriptive.
>
> I thought then the four elements as grimoires would make for a nice
> addition to the theme
>
>       earth (solid, stable)
>       water (fleeting, test)
>       fire  (destructive, devel)
>       air

I actually like these very much. They're classical, universal, and in my
opinion, easy to grasp. They even have more meaning to them than most trivial
names.

Think of what a new user generally does: If he doesn't know what a grimoire
is
in the first place, he's prone to look it up. And when the document he's
reading clearly states what grimoire names such as "earth" and "water" mean,
it's a no-brainer.

To put it short, in my opinion "stable & test" and "earth & water" are
equally
informative, but the latter example is much more SMGL'ish. We should go for
that.

--
        Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]