sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Results for Organization Policy vote

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Results for Organization Policy vote
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 12:51:23 +0300

On Friday 05 May 2006 06:55, Eric Sandall wrote:
> I like the "Council of Elders" for the Leads. We could do a variance
> with "Circle of Mages" who surround the "Council of Elders".

These sound very good indeed.

On Friday 05 May 2006 07:06, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Now, which do you think is which? I thought of them as:
> apothecary = devel (drugs kill people, and devel kills machines)
> agua = test (water is fluid and often changing)
> terra = stable (the earth is very stable)
> luna = stable-rc (the moon is less stable than the earth, but orbits it)
> fuego = z-rejected (fiery and unstable)
> air = games (nothing of substance here, just fun! ;))

Apart from "apothecary" (wouldn't want to type that multiple times per day!),
I can't say I don't like these, either. The problem is of course how you put
it: Without some interest in medieval metaphysics, you can't really make any
sense of them. (I could've easily understood most. :))

Maybe there are still alternative names for grimoires which aren't completely
cryptic, either. I mean, even though we prefer "magical" names for
developers, we still don't have to call project lead "Elyon", and gurus "the
Elohim". (Although if we did, we could refer to any other distro
as "Samael" ;))

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]