sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Results for Organization Policy vote

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Results for Organization Policy vote
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 12:56:20 -0700

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 09:21:33PM +0200, Andreas wrote:

> So I don't think your proposal is completely arbitrary. Someone a little
> versed in magic
> can probably make them out. And other distros get away with really obscure
> arbitrary names (like Sid, the kid that breaks toys), so probably
> sourcemage
> can get away with it as well.

Those names are for specific releases, they also had more formal names
or qualifiers over their lifetime to indicate their stability. Sid was
at one point 'experimental', 'test', 'stable' (or whatever they use
over there). The iso's have themed names, however they also are refered
to as devel, test, and stable over their lifetime.

For what its worth, I think Eric wasn't actually serious in his proposed
names, and was using them as an example of how silly giving themed names
to things would be...

-Andrew

| Andrew D. Stitt | acedit at armory.com | astitt at sourcemage.org |
| irc: afrayedknot | Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |
| 1024D/D39B096C | 76E4 728A 04EE 62B2 A09A 96D7 4D9E 239B D39B 096C |