sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] voting process

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] voting process
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:37:58 -0500

David Kowis wrote:
The vote collector is trusted to fix the vote, and then republish the
results. The results are a list
1: y
2: n
3: y
etc...

3 emails the collector, with, "Hey, I voted n!"

collector fixes 3 and republishes the list.
Well, if I'm the collector and I decide to rig the vote, I will simply disregard private mail like this and fix nothing. You *must* go public if your vote is wrong. I don't think anonymity works without public confirmation of correctly published votes.

Sergey.