sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] voting process

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Mathieu L." <lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] voting process
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 12:02:59 +0100

Hi all,

I think this is really getting old and you two are getting nowhere with
this discussion.
Sergey, we do not contest your statement that open voting is widely
used, oftenly works and is usually the most efficient solution. However,
the point is some ppl would like some anonymity to participate, that's
the bottom line.
Hence, we have to come up with a solution that implies anonymity because
we respect these ppl and think it's their legitimate right to have that,
so why don't you try helping us to come up with this kind of solution?

As for the fact that we oblige devs to vote, I would tend to agree that
ideally it's not a very healthy concept but the way it's done here is not
that strict since a dev can miss a vote with no problem. And in our case
I think it's a rather good idea because we cannot afford devs to stay
passive in smgl as we are so few, weed participation.

Cheers,
Mathieu.