sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Fwd: New Thread: Time to cap grimoires?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Fwd: New Thread: Time to cap grimoires?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:13:30 -0700 (PDT)

Ladislav Hagara said:
>> 1) Dependencies across grimoires
>
> Why more splitting ?
> I think to have z-rejected separated is sufficient.
> Of course we can have core-grimoire, server-grimoire, x11-grimoire,
> gnome-grimoire, kde-grimoire but it causes only a lot of problems.
> It was be more useful if we could download grimoire by rsync, cvs or p4.

No more splitting, we've just been talking about it and have decided not
to do so, at least for now.

> BTW, what is with codex.sourcemage.org ?
> It offers only very old grimoires. :-((

I am not sure. I've only heard second(+)-hand that Schabell looked into
it and thinks it's on Tony's end, but again, this is just hearsay.

>> games/games-<section>
>
> I agree. It will not as confusing as now it is.
> For example we have http section in every grimoires. It was be better to
> have
> games-http and z-rejected-http sections.
>
>> z-rejected/z-<section> (It'd become greatly tedious to type
>
> BTW, why z-rejected, why not only "rejected" ?
> Is it planned to have z-rejected-devel, z-rejected-test and
> z-rejected-stable,
> games ditto ?

This was asked before and Schabell said that he'd like us to keep the
original 'z-' in the name, for more clarification we'll have to ask
Schabell. ;)

> Changes in grimoire should be mentioned on wiki because users usually do
> not
> read mailing lists.
> I modified http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Codex a little.

Thanks Ladislav, I should have remembered to do that. I've reorganized it
a bit and would like the games and z-rejected maintainers to update the
information linked to by their grimoire names.

> - lace -

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61