permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Is it Satirical irony or

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Is it Satirical irony or
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 13:16:34 -0400

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 12:19 PM, <scott@permaculture.org> wrote:

> As for moderation of this group it is another form of censorship as is
> political correctness. As as long as a contributor doesn't attack ones
> mother, children, wife, husbqand etc but is speaking of unethical or
> unpermacultural behavior I think the gloves have to be off. I also don't
> think that permaculture is only about horticulture or silvaculture, in fact
> I think it is more about ethics, social, legal, and financial sectors of
> our culture. As far as I'm concerned this thread has been about ethics in
> permaculture and, frankly, there are problems living up to those ethics
> within a small but loud minority in our midst. I think that we have to
> expose unethical behavior wherever it rears its ugly head and I will
> continue to do so if I get moderated off of the list so be it.

There will be no need to worry about that. I have been through enough
upheavals in this list to be able to finally get a grip on managing it and
keeping it on track. Scrooge's suggestion about moderation based on a set o
rules is good but I think maybe we need to evolve beyond that tool for
grooming dialog.
I do not plan to create a set of rules to post on the list homepage or
periodically in the list proper. The people in this list already know what
kind of behavior or "netiquette" is expected of them so they need no
talking down to. Si far this go round the list seems to be self moderating,
just read the threads. I will just leave it like that and allow feedback
cycles to make any adjustments to posting norms. I will add one element
though. If one or more individuals has enough of a problem with any
particular poster or topic then make your views known. Whereas many subject
headers are prefaced with OT for off topic we could add and use another for
"this poster and or topic has gone far enough and if it continues I will
unsubscribe from the list" such as LU for "Listen Up" or something else
appropriate.

About Lawton and PRI, just ask around or ask PRI where they got the
original design, structure and content that they used (plagarized and stole
outright)
for their original PDC, Permaculture Design Course. That should be enough
for anyone who observes the Permaculture Ethics to boycott PRI's activities.

Toby's suggestion to ignore all and just get on with your work, create your
permaculture designs and put them to work on a permaculture site is
excellent. Considering the times we are in this is a path many will take I
am sure, hopefully avoiding PRI, the Wheaties joke and of course Vlad the
Corrupt in the process.

LL

--
Lawrence F. London