permaculture - [permaculture] cooperation between permaculture teachers

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Pilarski <friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] cooperation between permaculture teachers
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:58:59 -0800 (PST)

Koreen

Totally agreed about the cooperation, including marketing cooperation, and
about your comment  "we might learn more from one another and become more
effective as teachers."

Sorry, but I don't know what part of the US you are in and about the level of
cooperation between permaculture teachers there.

But I would like to point out that there already exists a lot of cooperation
between permaculture teachers in many regions of the US. The area I am most
familiar with is my home region of the Pacific Northwest.  There has been
lots of collaboration and cooperation and exchange bettween pc teachers in
our area over the decades.  Lots happens at our annual Pacific Northwest
Permaculture Convergence.  A lot is coming together right now in our regional
association of pc teachers, Cascadian Permaculture Institute. It aims for
high standards of teaching and for collaboration between CPI members.  CPI is
just now coming together formally, but we have many years of informal working
together.

i know that there is lots of intra-regional cooperation in many other parts
of the US as well. California, Southwest, Colorado, Northeast, Southeast,
upper Midwest, etc.

Of course there is a long ways to go and much more to do, but I didn't want
any new reader to get the impression there is no cooperation among
permaculture teachers.

At some point we will have a North American Permaculture Convergence to
further this process on a national level.  Until then every permaculture
teacher should be doing their due diligence to connect with and cooperate
with other permaculture teachers in their region.

Permacordially,

Michael Pilarski

Michael "Skeeter" Pilarski
Permaculture - Wildcrafting - Medicinal Herbs & Seeds

Sign up for my newsletter at www.friendsofthetrees.net
www.facebook.com/michael.skeeter.pilarski