permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ethical energy use - what is your favorite "better than PV panels?"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ethical energy use - what is your favorite "better than PV panels?"
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 13:57:45 -0800 (PST)

OK, I got that I should read everything before responding!  I believe there
is new tech available with fuel cells that could be used for local energy,
and will let you know more as soon as I have sufficient data to be
interesting.
> Oops, I missed this! There are some very good ideas here. I'm passing this
> along to my machine nerd friends :-)

Read all of mine, they are not that long and are part of a continuum
with new info, less typos etc. With each new post I remember more of the
things I meant to post previously, addressing more of the points I
thought important.

Tell me more about fuel cells and why you think they are a local energy
source option.

 I believe there is new tech available with fuel cells that could be used for
local energy, and will let you know more as soon as I do.

On 1/1/2013 1:28 PM, Cory Brennan wrote:
> I hear you. But why leave it to each individual neighborhood to
> devise solutions? Why not put our collective heads together on an
> international level, here and now? Surely we have more resources
> combined than we do in little groups, to come up with multiple
> solutions (there is no one size fits all).

We are doing just that. It has been happening all along.

OK, I hear you. We don't quite have it nailed yet, but there are good ideas
and movement in the right direction, for sure.

> Wood is not the best energy source, I feel, for many reasons. One can
> create solar steam cogenerator with fuel cell and turbine engine to
> create electricity.

Tell me more about this: solar steam generator in cold climates.
Maybe with reflector and or Fresnel lens? And again, the fuel cells?
Existing small scale steam turbines?
Time to Google YouTube...

Yes, solar steam with reflector, fresnel lens. A small scale turbine would be
wonderful, wouldn't it? It needs to exist, if it doesn't.

> This could be created at any scale from backyard
> to city. There are many possibilities like this. Which would you
> rather have as an energy source? Something that almost maintains
> itself, and renews itself whenever the sun shines,

The answer to that is obvious. I was merely suggesting low tech
solutions for small scale but important energy generation and materials
cycling in my previous posts.

OK, I get it.
Google message archive search:
>From cory8570@yahoo.com Tue Jan 1 17:09:01 2013
U4UKZH746NusNMqkVX7fpSJw6GAfXRfcrf3YX1K3oFHUQkvuV0l5bbysf96j
ckaoJI86jB.vIKCiRWJW8Mn_L8uKNvmPAqU0z3D9Nko4HlXgK3iWiIlxyDCT
Y8iG8Z9KvJcfpd0vOGA1WDtC.lR5ZgHysQaKh3qSxZ.vnKaM6FZUVqGNZ7QS
Oiq5qAKAh1VVZ2B2uhaIHdqVL0pjcuI4oP61IMYY4HDPMzdM7Zu0eorC_NR6
7NHDFQ03POn0HsW8QwrgJAQg0hJQIDNy0WShJWUoHlSw6HWxZ8_8ye_5gtiL
rTq8xDeG5UzIBWJZq79yurjDXcBDYe2bLWopmi3GnGNbx7wpKItllS7i.aAG
akuEbDOeHCEEkbF6an73nHL0lUyQmvQ--

VGhlc2UgYXJlIGluIHByZXR0eSBoZWF2eSB1c2Ugb24gYSBsYXJnZSBzY2FsZSB3aXRoIHNvbWUgdXRpbGl0eSBjb21wYW5pZXMsIGluIEFaIGFuZCBvdGhlciBwbGFjZXMuIEhhdmVuJ3Qgc2VlbiBvbmUgaW4gdXNlIG9uIGEgc21hbGwgc2NhbGUgYnV0IHdvdWxkIGxpa2UgdG8uIERvIHlvdSBrbm93IG9mIGFueSBhY3R1YWxseSBpbiB1c2Ugb24gYSBob21lPyBIb3cgbXVjaCBwb3dlciBkbyB0aGV5IGdldCBmcm9tIGl0P8KgCgpXb3VsZCBiZSB2ZXJ5IGludGVyZXN0ZWQgaW4gaGVhcmluZyBhYm91dCBhbnkBMAEBAQE-