permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Toward Financial Permaculture: New Farms in the OldSystem

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Toward Financial Permaculture: New Farms in the OldSystem
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 08:44:35 -0700

I think an important thing to keep mind when contemplating "fair
share": the average world income is $7000 (annual). So if anybody is
earning more than that and not giving a bunch of it away to people
with less than that - to the point that you keep less than $7000, it
seems less than ethical to speak of "fair share".

I think something similar can be said of property which would include
possessions and real estate.

I like the idea that John Stewart exercises permaculture and advocates
permaculture. Could John Stewart advocate polyculture? Maybe talk
about a bit of land that he has where 60 people live there and
practice permaculture? I think it is not only plausible - but it
would be an awesome thing.

--

Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world
domination: http://www.richsoil.com/email.jsp