permaculture - Re: [permaculture] WTF?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Killian O'Brien <admin@pri-de.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] WTF?
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 15:19:53 -0400

Lee,

This is basically an FYI comment, but I think if we are bothering to have
this conversation, we can't dismiss what is an important aspect of it, even
if not a central point of contention therein.

Research, experience and history do show fairly large differences in
communicative styles which also translate over to problem solving. Of course,
these are generalizations, but they are real issues and the generalizations
apply to a large percentage of the population. Essentially, women problem
solve via relationships, men via practicalities.

The results of female leadership because of this tend to create more
cooperative, more peaceful results... including societies. Like I said
before, I'd love to study with permaculturists such as Starhawk, but would
likely never teach in a similar style... though I might have 20 years ago.

Cheers,

Killian O'Brien
PRI-De
admin@pri-de.org