permaculture - [permaculture] "I enjoyed travel w some ethnobotonists, including Duke"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "H. Marshall" <eco@gaianlife.co.uk>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] "I enjoyed travel w some ethnobotonists, including Duke"
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 19:09:15 +0100

Hi Kathyann

I'd be very interested in hearing about your travels with Duke!
I agree entirely, it may be unclear to us right now why some info may be
useful...but who knows what puzzle that info may solve in the future!
Personally I am an info hoarder and I never trust that something will still
be available on the web next time I look...so my harddrive is packed full of
stuff I have come across that 'may be useful one day'.
I do get rather frustrated with so called 'environmentalists' who only want
to protect cute fluffy things. Can you imagine the turnout to support the
protection of some goo looking mollusc as opposed to say...baby seals? Not
that I am saying we shouldn't protect cute things....but most often its that
inconspicuous animal/plant that turns out to be the most useful. Of course I
could be proved wrong on that......say if looking at baby seals turned out
to be the cure for cancer, but I think its fairly safe to say we need to
protect and enhance everything even if it appears useless to us right now.

cheers
Helen

"Wisdom of the Ages, Knowledge for the Future"

  • [permaculture] "I enjoyed travel w some ethnobotonists, including Duke", H. Marshall, 04/12/2007