permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Sahara project

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Sahara project
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 19:46:14 -0500

John Schinnerer wrote:

Aloha,

Please post a link or links to info on this project.
I didn't find anything that seemed relevant from a google on

sahara project

Sahara Project
The second object of the Sahara Project is to take the carbon dioxide out of
the
atmosphere. To do this needs the conversion of the hydroponics products ...
www.angelfire.com/mac/egmatthews/geotherapy/sahara.html - 10k - Jan 19, 2006
- Cached - Similar pages
http://www.angelfire.com/mac/egmatthews/geotherapy/sahara.html

http://www.thesahara.net/terraform_sahara_desert.htm
The Sahara Supposition
Global Ending Syndrome
Terraforming The Desert
LEARN MORE, BE MORE

Last-Modified: 01/21/06 10:18 Saturday, January 21, 2006
Sahara Facts / Information - The Sahara Supposition - The Sahara Desert Project - Sahara Desert Facts - Terraforming the Sahara Desert - Saving the Planet - Saving Starving Children - A New Ocean and Rainforest. Pictures of the Sahara Desert - Facts on the Sahara Desert - Information on TERRAFORMING - The Sahara Supposition - Foogle Business - Dessert

Sahara Facts / Information - The Sahara Supposition - The Sahara Desert Project - Sahara Desert Facts - Terraforming the Sahara Desert - Saving the Planet - Saving Starving Children - A New Ocean and Rainforest. Pictures of the Sahara Desert - Facts on the Sahara Desert - Information on TERRAFORMING - The Sahara Supposition - Foogle Business - Dessert Raising Awareness

Over 100 Desert Pictures on this Page Sahara Facts / Information - The Sahara Supposition - The Sahara Desert Project - Sahara Desert Facts - Terraforming the Sahara Desert - Saving the Planet - Saving Starving Children - A New Ocean and Rainforest. Pictures of the Sahara Desert - Facts on the Sahara Desert - Information on TERRAFORMING - The Sahara Supposition - Foogle Business - Dessert

Over a Thousand Facts About the Sahara Desert

Know The Truth And It Will Set You Free Sahara Facts / Information - The Sahara Supposition - The Sahara Desert Project - Sahara Desert Facts - Terraforming the Sahara Desert - Saving the Planet - Saving Starving Children - A New Ocean and Rainforest. Pictures of the Sahara Desert - Facts on the Sahara Desert - Information on TERRAFORMING - The Sahara Supposition - Foogle Business - Dessert

Sahara Facts / Information - The Sahara Supposition - The Sahara Desert Project - Sahara Desert Facts - Terraforming the Sahara Desert - Saving the Planet - Saving Starving Children - A New Ocean and Rainforest. Pictures of the Sahara Desert - Facts on the Sahara Desert - Information on TERRAFORMING - The Sahara Supposition - Foogle Business - Dessert

Sahara Facts / Information - The Sahara Supposition - The Sahara Desert Project - Sahara Desert Facts - Terraforming the Sahara Desert - Saving the Planet - Saving Starving Children - A New Ocean and Rainforest. Pictures of the Sahara Desert - Facts on the Sahara Desert - Information on TERRAFORMING - The Sahara Supposition - Foogle Business - Dessert

Sahara Desert Supposition for the Global Environment

We are sure that anyone in the world would appreciate that any, busy person; prominent world figure or somebody who has hope for the future, would not necessarily have time to read unsolicited junk mail, URL's or obscure web site projects. However, such is the potential significance of the project below, we believe it warrants scrutiny from office high and low. A reasonable perusal will take up only 0.000099 % of your life. We would hope that we receive a reply from some suitable station, or a comment maybe from you. We are just a small concerned group. This is not an academic piece; it does not wish to preach, just inform; pointing out as to what could be possible.

The Proposal

May we respectively suggest that the "World Governments" obtain funds to purchase a large amount of Desert to ecologically manage it for the benefit of the whole planet? The idea is to take this area, and through Terraforming, turn it into a new State, a new Country; new lungs; one that is made up of a vast new Rainforest and a vast new Ocean of Fresh Water. To bring new hope to Africa.

"Sahara" is an old Sanskrit word - Sagara - meaning Ocean.

Sahara Facts / Information - The Sahara Supposition - The Sahara Desert Project - Sahara Desert Facts - Terraforming the Sahara Desert - Saving the Planet - Saving Starving Children - A New Ocean and Rainforest. Pictures of the Sahara Desert - Facts on the Sahara Desert - Information on TERRAFORMING - The Sahara Supposition - Foogle Business - Dessert

Last-Modified: 01/21/06 10:18 TERMS TERMS - Terms and Conditions of ALL our Websites - PLEASE READ OUR TERMS .

Sahara Facts / Information - The Sahara Supposition - The Sahara Desert Project - Sahara Desert Facts - Terraforming the Sahara Desert - Saving the Planet - Saving Starving Children - A New Ocean and Rainforest. Pictures of the Sahara Desert - Facts on the Sahara Desert - Information on TERRAFORMING - The Sahara Supposition - Foogle Business - Dessert

The Sahara - The largest desert in the world. Filling nearly all of Northern Africa, it measures approximately 3,000 miles, that is 4,800 kilometers, from east to west and between 800 and 1,200 miles from North to South and has a total area of some 3,320,000 square miles, or 8,600,000 square kilometers. The Sahara is bordered in the West by the Atlantic Ocean, in the North by the Atlas Mountains and Mediterranean Sea, in the East by the Red Sea, and in the South by a zone of ancient, immobile sand dunes aligned with latitude 16° N.

Sahara means not only Desert, but also Ocean.

Sahara Facts / Information - The Sahara Supposition - The Sahara Desert Project - Sahara Desert Facts - Terraforming the Sahara Desert - Saving the Planet - Saving Starving Children - A New Ocean and Rainforest. Pictures of the Sahara Desert - Facts on the Sahara Desert - Information on TERRAFORMING - The Sahara Supposition - Foogle Business - Dessert

Check Your Watch - It's Time to do Something.

Sahara Facts / Information - The Sahara Supposition - The Sahara Desert Project - Sahara Desert Facts - Terraforming the Sahara Desert - Saving the Planet - Saving Starving Children - A New Ocean and Rainforest. Pictures of the Sahara Desert - Facts on the Sahara Desert - Information on TERRAFORMING - The Sahara Supposition - Foogle Business - Dessert

BBC News science report - 2005

If we continue with current rates of species extinction, we will have no chance of rolling back poverty and the lives of all humans will be diminished.

That is the stark warning to come out of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment (MA), the most comprehensive audit of the health of our planet to date.

Organisms are disappearing at something like 100 to 1,000 times the
"background levels" seen in the fossil record.

Scientists warn that removing so many species puts our own existence at
risk.

Earth's species feel the squeeze

By Jonathan Amos

BBC News science reporter

READ MORE - KNOW THE TRUTH - Scientists warn that removing so many
[...]

The Sahara Supposition - Terraforming the Sahara The Sahara Supposition - The Sahara Desert Project - Sahara Desert Facts - Terraforming the Sahara Desert - Saving the Planet - Saving Starving Children - A New Ocean and Rainforest. Pictures of the Sahara Desert - Facts on the Sahara Desert - Information on TERRAFORMING - The Sahara Supposition - Foogle Business - Dessert

This piece has been rewritten many times. There was a time when we were proud to be getting 1,000 visitors each week. Now we see 5,000 a day, making this Website one of the most popular on the planet. We our now a general information Data Base. Or presence generates up to one million US dollars a year, though we see only a small fraction of that.

This total site covers a multitude of topics and subjects. When it started over FIVE years ago, this page was its only Webpage. The Sahara Supposition is a thing that we suppose could happen and is perhaps one of the most important pages any person living on planet Earth could actually read.

In our first year we achieved 10,000 hits, in the second year 40,000 people clicked on board to read something that we had written. In our third year, we received 150,000 hits and nearly 400,000 pages were read.

Today we regularly get over 5,000 hits in a day and achieved ONE MILLION HITS on the 9th March 2005. Two million on 25th November 2005.

This Webpage, is about Terraforming the Sahara Desert, to reclaim it for the benefit of the Planet Earth, to produce a new Rainforest and an Ocean of fresh water and a new wealth for Africa. To make new homes for the species that decline everyday.

Soon we will achieve, during 2006, over 2,000,000 visitors every year; this will take us to around the 50,000th most popular Website on the Internet. Out of nearly TEN BILLION, that is not bad.

On a sad note, this Webpage, that endeavors to Save the World, will be visited by only 10,000 visitors, out of those two million.

Learn More, Be More

Sahara Facts / Information - The Sahara Supposition - The Sahara Desert Project - Sahara Desert Facts - Terraforming the Sahara Desert - Saving the Planet - Saving Starving Children - A New Ocean and Rainforest. Pictures of the Sahara Desert - Facts on the Sahara Desert - Information on TERRAFORMING - The Sahara Supposition - Foogle Business - Dessert Click On The BBC News Banner

Efforts to alleviate poverty in Africa will fail unless urgent action is taken to halt climate change, a coalition of aid and environment groups claims.

The Working Group on Climate Change and Development says the G8 nations have so far failed to "join the dots" between climate change and Africa

READ MORE - KNOW THE TRUTH - Climate 'key to African future' - Efforts to alleviate poverty in Africa will fail unless urgent action is taken to halt climate change, a coalition of aid and environment groups claims.

Sahara Facts / Information - The Sahara Supposition - The Sahara Desert Project - Sahara Desert Facts - Terraforming the Sahara Desert - Saving the Planet - Saving Starving Children - A New Ocean and Rainforest. Pictures of the Sahara Desert - Facts on the Sahara Desert - Information on TERRAFORMING - The Sahara Supposition - Foogle Business - Dessert

Read this and weep. Over the last few months we have come to a
frightening conclusion.

If you click onto the banner-link above, it will take you to this page - the Sahara Supposition Page. The Sahara Supposition started life around 1995 as several things, but mainly a scheme to Terraform the Sahara Desert; read the webpage for yourself, but read this first.

The Sahara Supposition

In 2051, the world's global environment will start to change without fear of God or Man. The crux of it is that by around 2080, due to Global Warming, melting ice-caps and fresh water bringing the Gulf Stream to a standstill, our Northern Hemisphere, will be thrust into the biggest Ice-Age for 20,000 years. Millions of people who live in the North of our planet, that is, Northern USA, Canada, Northern Europe, will be killed, or made homeless at best.

Only 34677 days 4 hours Untill 11:59 p.m., December 31, 2100

Today, the people of Africa, our biggest continent, are dying in numbers that are unbelievable, through Starvation, AIDS, Malaria, many other diseases, dirty water, wars, homicide, TB and genocide.

The So-called civilized world bangs many drums to try to prove that it is helping to change this Extinction Level Event, but it is all a farce.

Sahara Facts / Information - The Sahara Supposition - The Sahara Desert Project - Sahara Desert Facts - Terraforming the Sahara Desert - Saving the Planet - Saving Starving Children - A New Ocean and Rainforest. Pictures of the Sahara Desert - Facts on the Sahara Desert - Information on TERRAFORMING - The Sahara Supposition - Foogle Business - Dessert

Let us imagine, if we can, how poignant it would be, if say in one million years time, some advanced alien culture was to visit this third rock from the Sun. Simply to explore a most insignificant solar system to find that there was scarcely, any actual evidence that the primitive human animal had ever existed.

Live 8, may have raised great awareness and $200 million. But this is nothing in the scheme of monetarism. War engulfs more every second.

In 1972, the USA declared that it was spending $24 million each and every hour on the Vietnam War. What is that in today's money? A Live 8 concert every hour; 8,760 every year, for how many years?