permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Terraforming means what?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: <john@eco-living.net>, "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Terraforming means what?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 23:47:16 -0600

I was just quoting from the previous message, and agree with you that the primary place I have heard this word is in speculative science fiction.

Robert Waldrop, OKC
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
It seems to me that the correct way of formulating
this would be to say "permaculture is a total
concept that can use natural agriculture,
terramechanics, terraforming,

I'm curious what y'all mean with the word "terraforming."

The contexts I know the word from (speculative fiction) put it IMO out
of synch with both ethics and design principles of permaculture.

What would be some examples of "terraforming" as you intend it to be
understood?

Or do you just mean "earthworks" in the typical permaculture sense?

mahalo,
John S.