permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Terraforming means what?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Terraforming means what?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:38:27 -1000

Aloha,

It seems to me that the correct way of formulating this would be to say "permaculture is a total concept that can use natural agriculture, terramechanics, terraforming,

I'm curious what y'all mean with the word "terraforming."

The contexts I know the word from (speculative fiction) put it IMO out of synch with both ethics and design principles of permaculture.

What would be some examples of "terraforming" as you intend it to be understood?

Or do you just mean "earthworks" in the typical permaculture sense?

mahalo,
John S.

- Eco-Living -
Whole Systems Design Services