permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Terraforming and Permaculture, what are the connections

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Martin Naylor <martinwnaylor@yahoo.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Terraforming and Permaculture, what are the connections
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:14:35 +1100 (EST)

What isn't permaculture

"Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net> wrote: Robert Waldrop wrote:

> Gulp. I thought I was just dashing off a quick
> answer not presuming to develop a definition of
> permaculture good enough to lead off a website ;),

It's here:

> In the onlie Barking Frogs Permaculture PDC in
> which I am presently enrolled, the subject of
> "definition of permaculture" has been talked about
> a lot. I finally got the point when some aspects
> of my design outline were rejected because I
> labelled them "permaculture features".

Maybe "features of permaculture systems"

> The point
> that was made to me was that permaculture is not
> really a collection of specific strategies/tasks,
> rather, it is the wholistic way of looking at a
> particular site or situation and the process we
> use for working through the various
> issues/resource/challenges unique to that
> site/situation, in the direction of
> sustainability. But certainly use it as you will.

Absolutely, a good point. Being objective and learning to be observant,
to recognize patterns and creatively arrive at solutions to problems and
development of new systems while drawing on libraries of information
and knowledge of useful and effective tools.

> I am not fussy about that sort of thing. Every
> time people complain about the government spying
> on them I say, "I hope they are spying on me and
> making copies of everything I write and sending
> those copies to everyone in the CIA, the State
> Department, the War Department, Congress and the
> White House.

Yes, I am sure they do, Robert, in triplicate :-)))

LL