permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Terraforming means what?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: drducc@aol.com
  • To: john@eco-living.net, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Terraforming means what?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:43:40 -0500

Hey John,

When we are talking about returning the Sahara to a condition where it can support human life, we are talking about a "natural" system at least partially created by humans using unsustainable methods, so I don't see the problem. Yes, humans have arrogantly destroyed lots of habitat and natural systems, but aren't any of us interested in permaculture using our ideas and techniques to change an already changed landscape? And if you are designing "whole systems" seems to me you are an engineer of sorts.

Debbie