permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Terraforming and Permaculture, what are the connections

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Terraforming and Permaculture, what are the connections
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:59:50 -0600

Gulp. I thought I was just dashing off a quick answer not presuming to develop a definition of permaculture good enough to lead off a website ;), In the onlie Barking Frogs Permaculture PDC in which I am presently enrolled, the subject of "definition of permaculture" has been talked about a lot. I finally got the point when some aspects of my design outline were rejected because I labelled them "permaculture features". The point that was made to me was that permaculture is not really a collection of specific strategies/tasks, rather, it is the wholistic way of looking at a particular site or situation and the process we use for working through the various issues/resource/challenges unique to that site/situation, in the direction of sustainability. But certainly use it as you will. I am not fussy about that sort of thing. Every time people complain about the government spying on them I say, "I hope they are spying on me and making copies of everything I write and sending those copies to everyone in the CIA, the State Department, the War Department, Congress and the White House.

Robert Waldrop, OKC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>