permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Terraforming and Permaculture, what are the connections

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Terraforming and Permaculture, what are the connections
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 02:31:03 -0500

Robert Waldrop wrote:
It seems to me that the correct way of formulating this would be to say "permaculture is a total concept that can use natural agriculture, terramechanics, terraforming, local food production, wildscaping etc. " In other words, permaculture is not just another parallel concept to wildscaping, local food production, natural agriculture. Permacultue IS the total concept design system, which may use any number of sub-systems like wildscaping, natural agriculture, terraforming, etc. to achieve its goals. This seems to imply a narrow vision of permaculture as forest gardening with a design manual, or orchard keeping, when in fact permaculture is a total design concept under whose wings the rest of these strategies can rest comfortably and productively.

That says it perfectly, Robert. If its OK with you I am going to stick this
in the homepage for this list -
let me know if you want me to add a credit to you reading anything different than "a definition of permaculture provided by one of this list's subscribers, Robert Waldrop, OKC". If I can fit it on I'll add it to the

Permaculture could also be described as "the source from which many Earth
stewardship disciplines flow".