permaculture - Re: [permaculture] where you from?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "susan macias" <smacias@worldnet.att.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] where you from?
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 13:01:04 -0700

I live in Long Beach, California, two blocks from the western edge of a much
abused but still beautiful megasprawlopolis of 10+ million people. Oh well.
The air is actually cleaner now than when I was a kid, even though there are
many more cars/people. (There is hope for government regulation- never be
daunted.)

We rent a 1915 duplex with a small, too-shady front yard. No frost, cool
summers. Serious clay soil. Year-round hummingbirds, mockingbirds,
bluejays, and feral parrots. The gardenia bush is blooming now.

Cheers,
Susan Macias

PS Does anyone want any washingtonia palm or salvia melissadora seedlings?
They popped up and have to be relocated elsewhere (no space.)