permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Community - resources

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Loren Davidson <loren@farwalker.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Community - resources
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:00:48 -0700

At 12:48 AM 8/27/02 -0700, John Schinnerer wrote:

OTOH, some in PC at times appear to give pretty short shrift (and at
times outright derision or dismissal) to 'community' efforts in the
interpersonal realms.

Well...you've gotta admit that plants and many animals, regardless how difficult they may be at times, are generally easier to interact with and manage than other humans. :)

IMO however the 'culture' aspect rather than the
'agriculture' aspect is the crux of meaningful change (differences that
make a difference).

I agree with you. The longer I spend at it, the more difficult I realize it can be.

I'm still learning how to apply "protracted and thoughtful observation" to my fellow humans, however. :)

Build soil,

Loren

Loren Davidson Earth steward, healer, singer/songwriter
loren@farwalker.com http://www.earthspring.org/loren/
AIM: loren334 ICQ: 65291610
Loren's music pages: http://www.earthspring.org/lorendavidson/
***Ask me about Sunset Celebrations in Berkeley - next one 8/27***
"But while I'm gone/Everything's gonna be all right." - B. Marley, "No Woman No Cry"