permaculture - [permaculture] pond aerators

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] pond aerators
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:09:44 -0500

At 11:09 PM 8/10/02 -0400, you wrote:
Hi Robyn; everybody
In a message dated 8/8/02 8:40:02 PM, permed@nor.com.au writes:

<< Not good to allow cattle direct access to ponds for precisely this reason

Yup:) I'm going to put up electric fencing around ponds.

Siphon water to a trough.

I'd like to get some more aeration into the pond
waters....cheaply/simply?Don't really want to spend money on pump system. Any
suggestions? Cheers. Frank

Log on to
www.farmshow.com
25 years of on farm ideas in a searchable database, also available as a cd
ROM.
I have seen articles there on building windmill pond stirers out of truck differentials.
Mark