pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Synth, comments, etc || EIE

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Synth, comments, etc || EIE
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 03:35:13 -0800

Bear K wrote:

Curious what you though of three of the logos, namely:
http://market-farming.com/piw-images/PIWlogo5.jpg
http://market-farming.com/piw-images/PIWlogo8.jpg
http://market-farming.com/piw-images/PIWlogo14.jpg

Somehow they evoke Tie-Dye to me, not that that's a bad thing, but

Yes, they may be a bit trivial.

depending on the users we're looking for, it might not quite work. 14 is a bit too motion blurry. I'd try to keep it pretty crisp. If there was a reason why the title needed to be moving, showing action, or something, the effect would come in handy.

>> Seems there needs to be some sort of pc image up top that goes across

the page within the green
grasses, sunset, brambles, gnarly tree, big treetrunk

I meant the fauna/flora image graphic overlayed on a subtle gray-green-blue background;
possible some composition that include some of the following:
clouds, grasses, sunset, brambles, gnarly tree, big treetrunk, silhouetted images -
something sized to fit in the space currently occupied by your image + green BG.

OK, break up the plain color with a subtle image or pattern for the backdrop.

Yes.

I have a hi-res image of the dewy spider web (2nd from the left image at bottom of page). Might make a nice subtle pattern for the backdrop, showing the web of connections we're looking for.

That would work, even the pattern in the green leaf. I'm partial to the green
cocoon
thingy wrapped in the red chard leaf, though - has an air of mystery about it.

I'll look around for some more material for logos and BG's.