pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Milo Clark

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: john@eco-living.net, Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Milo Clark
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 03:26:10 -0800

John Schinnerer wrote:

Aloha,

Do you know a PC person, at one time in Berkeley, named Milo Clark?
He was on our pc list a long time ago - a major thinker and contributor.

Milo is out here in my 'hood part of the year (Puna district, Hawai'i Island) and has a farm/place in Ohio he spends the other part of the year...he has a site for his Ohio place but I don't have a URL handy.
He's been a guest presenter at La'akea and other PC courses and so on.

He was a major player in poll monitoring here this past election...in a week or so when the new issue comes out, the current issue's story on poll-watching, including various quotes and even a picture of Milo will be available online from Hawai'i Island Journal (our local independent biweekly progressive periodical):

http://hawaiiislandjournal.com/

Wow! What a surprise! Thanks for the update, John. A small world it is.
Really glad Milo is doing so well. Please post a link to the Journal and his
website
when you have time.

Another question, totally off topic: Would anyone around these parts be
interested in
owning (through barter or sale) an array of really finely crafted lifetime,
indestructible,
maintainable gardening hand tools? custom designed and fabricated, sized to
fit the user's
needs. Made of 8620 high carbon tool steel, hardened and tempered or A2-500
abrasion-resistant steel, TIG welded
and handled with replacable ash post hole digger handles. 90 degree bent
digging forks,
UBars, eye hoes and more. Eye hoes will have thickness-tapered blades (typically
5" X 9"), milled and ground.
Expensive but worth it; mail order OK; will create a gallery of photos with
text description of them in my commercial
website; eventually videos of them in use. See my gardening hand tool
sourcelist if interested in more if this
sort of thing: http://market-farming.com/gardening-hand-tools.faq. These are
tools ideally suited for permanent notill
raised bed gardening. I am in the process of going into production of the eye
hoe with forked digger and UBar to follow.
Will custom design and fabricate to order. Am interested in human-powered,
rolling, raised bed weeding and tilthing/cultivating
devices.

Many thanks,