pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Synth, comments, etc

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Synth, comments, etc
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:56:08 -0800

BREAKING THE (MINI) DRY SPELL AFTER THE STORM:

Would there be a possibility that developing a front-end like
this would be something that could be a part of future grant proposals?

FONT-END *WAS* A MAIN COMPONENT OF OUR GRANT PROPOSAL, AND HAS BEEN A
MAIN COMPONENT OF MY VISION SINCE THE BEGINNING (YOU HEARD THE STORY LAST
NIGHT, BEAR). SO YES. FRONT-END IS PART OF PAST, CURRENT, AND FUTURE
GRANT PROPOSALS.

WHICH IS WHY I WOULD ENCOURAGE US TO BE SERIOUS ABOUT IT. (AND I KNOW I
SOUND SO MUCH MORE SERIOUS WHEN I SPEAK IN CAPITAL LETTERS.) JOHNS JOKED
THAT "the web visuals are going to be the 'toilet paper roll and
toothpaste tube' issues for this group...” BUT THIS IS OUR FACE TO THE
WORLD. THIS IS WHAT OUR AUDIENCE IS ACTUALLY GOING TO USE AND INTERACT
WITH.

I HAVE MORE TO SAY ON THIS TIP, BUT I'LL SAVE IT FOR JOHNS'S FAVORITE: A
SYNTHESIS. OR PERHAPS, A NON-SYNTHESIS. I'LL SEE HOW I FEEL.

PEACE
*S