pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] How do we want to define locales?

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] How do we want to define locales?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 23:13:14 -0700

Chad Knepp wrote:

Yep, this is what I was looking for. Anyway we can pull climate data
out of Lat/Long info?

Another Ask Gooogle session reveals:
<>
ONLINE CALCULATORS
The educational encyclopedia, online calculators
... Time and date information that is time and date related ... the name, zip
code, or longitude
and latitude of any ... places in the world and you can find the distance ...
users.pandora.be/educypedia/ education/calculatorsgeo.htm
<>
<>
MORE ONLINE Weather and Location Information
nautical information for sailors and cruisers
Useful Information Forms. Find Longitude and Latitude Enter City: Enter
State: AK. ...
pacificoffshorerigging.com/useful_forms.htm
<>
<>
http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/stationlocator.html
Web Climate Services
Locate Weather Observation Station Record
U.S. Controlled Stations Only At This Time
# Locate Station by: Latitude/Longitude
# State/Division/County/City *
# List Radar Stations by Name / by Alias
# Search By:
Select the field you wish to search
Station Name */City*(city not identified in some records)
Zip Code *
State *(use two character abbreviation)
County *(county not identified in some records)
WBAN # *
Call Sign *
Cooperative Station ID# *
World Meteorological Organization ID# *
Enter the value you wish to find,

List of Stations with Photographs Available On Line

Web Climate Services Version 2.1 is an attempt to bring metadata from a number of sources into one location to provide easy access to the information. The system is still young and improvements will be made as resources allow.