pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] How do we want to define locales?

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] How do we want to define locales?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:33:22 -0600

Chad Knepp wrote:

Looking for some input here in terms of how we want to define
locales. Something like Continent/Nation/State/City, Lat/Long, a
thorough climate description, or a combination of all of these?

Locales for what? I'm sorry Chad but I either need to be minimally educated or I need to stay background noise and not hold things up.

I do think that climate description could be just "zone or zones" here, where I live, it is zone 3 - 4.
What is the other information for?, to locate where the plant reported is grown, to locate the reporter, or to locate the native origins of such plant.

Scott